Contact Info Until 3/22/12

Kristen Clauss
PO Box 49
Winterton 3340
KZN
South Africa

email: kristenclauss@gmail.com

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Zenzele Girls Club: Come One, Come All.


I handed out applications to be in my girls club to grades 8-10 and the responses have SLOWLY been trickling in. The application has a little snippet about the club and then asks a couple of questions.  The answers left me gigling.  When asked, “How would you describe yourself?” I got:

1.       I’m a person

2.       I loose my temper very fast and am not very patient

3.       I would describe myself by saying what kind of person I am

When asked, “How have you been a leader?” my favorite response was, “I never lead at all.” I love the honesty here, but we need to teach these girls how to write a good application. And finally, when asked, “Why do you want to be in the club?” they responded (drum roll please):

1.       Show them I can fly although my life been dry

2.       I like to learn about cleaning nurse. I like to learn about the playing the ball

3.       To be a girl is awesome and it is better because we are the flower of the nation

To give these girls some credit, this is probably the first application they have ever seen and they completed it in English, their second language.  Still, I couldn’t help but share this yummy goodness with all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment